Interested in joining the TAPAS development team? The Brown University Library and the TAPAS Project are seeking a developer to lead the technical implementation of the TAPAS service. Working with other members of the Brown Digital Repository development team, the developer will install and customize an instance of Islandora (Drupal and Fedora), and will develop functionality for publishing, describing, analyzing, visualizing, and sharing scholarly texts. The developer will collaborate with Brown systems and development staff, staff at Wheaton College, and other TAPAS participants, to create, refine, and implement ideas for building the service, and will work with those groups to test and roll out new web applications. Additionally, the developer will customize Drupal and the underlying Fedora repository to enable a broad set of interactions to support the publication of encoded texts, and will develop an API to provide programmatic access to TAPAS data.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- 2-5 years of demonstrated experience and proficiency planning, developing, and maintaining web sites and back-end systems.
- Substantial experience with PHP; Drupal experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, Solr, and Fedora Commons desirable.
- Experience developing web applications using APIs and web services.
- Familiarity with TEI & common metadata standards (e.g., MODS, Dublin Core) desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully as part of a distributed team.
This is a 2-year full time position with the possibility of renewal, contingent on funding. We are also willing to consider part time work arrangements.
To apply for this position (JOB# B01380), please visit Brown’s Online Employment website (careers.brown.edu), complete an application online, attach documents, and submit for immediate consideration. Documents should include cover letter, resume, and the names and e-mail addresses of three references. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Brown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer